Since my last post;
- We celebrated Mike’s 40th at home and it was such a lovely evening. Great food and company and Mike was spoilt. It was so nice to catch up with family and friends and eat a fantastic meal that was catered by Baxters. My highlight was seeing Mike’s reaction to his birthday cake. He really didn’t want to cut into it.
- I have booked and paid for my two night stay in Sydney at the end of August, very excited and looking forward to catching up with a cousin and some shopping and the one day seminar I am going to on the Saturday.
- Mike and I nipped up to Taupo yesterday to surprise Mikes mum, as she celebrated turning 70 yesterday. The look on her face was priceless as she walked into the restaurant. Just a shame we didn’t get a photo of that moment.
- I caught up with Bev on Friday to check out the Dunkleys Craft Show and with each other. I then attended her ladies evening and I loved being able to share “Cleaning around the home naturally” with them. They were a great bunch of women and the fellowship they have when they get together was awesome!!
- After talking to Bev on Friday about how I was fussy these days about my second-hand shopping, I walked out of “Caught Short” with a pile of goodies. Which was rather ironic given that I had no interest in even bother to check out any second-hand shops yesterday and it was only Mike’s insistence when we were in Taihape for afternoon tea that I bothered.
- I sent off my self-care swap and I was super spoilt by Julie when she sent me this box of goodies on Thursday. I love peanut butter M and M’s and they didn’t last long in this house, Mike and I shared one packet before dinner and another packet after dinner. Thank You so much Julie. I also read and finished Six by Karen Tayleur and I am about to start Genesis.
- After telling Mike’s mum what I bought in Taihape, she gave me her mums tablecloths, which I haven’t unpacked and taken a photo of yet. They are beautiful and will be used.
- I am still not drinking coffee and decided to give it until the end of August before making a decision as to whether I will resume drinking it again.